A new era was opened with the application of zirconium, which was used successfully in other fields of medicine, instead of porcelain metal in dentistry. Because these new zirconium-based porcelain crowns do not cause gingival problems and allergies, as well as allow us to achieve aesthetics and function close to natural teeth with their light transmission feature. Zirconium is one of the highest quality products reached so far in terms of aesthetics, durability, tissue compatibility and naturalness, which are the basic requirements of modern dentistry.
In this system, zirconium, a white alloy, is used instead of metal as a substructure. It is the only material that can offer this state-of-the-art infrastructure with aesthetics and durability. At the same time, due to its chemical properties, it is not affected by oral fluids and does not cause any discoloration, staining or gray stripes on the gums. It is among the most preferred applications in our clinic because of its very good light transmittance. Zirconium supported porcelains can be used in the construction of crown bridges on implants.
- It is a material that achieves perfection when evaluated aesthetically. It is also more durable compared to other all-ceramic systems.
- It is a tissue-friendly material with very good biocompatibility and does not cause allergic reactions.
- It is a healthy material that does not cause taste disorders, gum problems and bad breath in the mouth.
- Zirconium teeth reduce the adhesion rate of food wastes and microorganisms to the tooth surface. Therefore, good oral hygiene is provided.
- Zirconium oxide does not conduct heat, your teeth do not become sensitive when you take eat and cold foods.
- Since there is no metal in its substructure, there would be no dark line at the crown-gingival level. Therefore, a more aesthetic appearance is provided.
- Since the tooth surfaces will be extremely smooth, it minimizes tooth staining and tartar formation caused by smoking and similar reasons.
- With its light-permeable structure, zirconium is very similar to the natural tooth structure.
- We do not prefer to use it on very long bridges and in cases where there are many missing teeth.
- More costly than metal-based systems.
- In severe color and staining where the desired results cannot be obtained with other methods,
- In individuals with pre-cut teeth,
- For diastema
- In obtaining a more aesthetic appearance, if the person has a metal-supported bridge-crown in his mouth,
- In the repair of broken teeth,
- In the repair of old fillings that have deteriorated color and structure,
- For those who do not want orthodontic treatment for the correction of crooked teeth,
- In teeth with too much material loss to be filled.
Zirconium-based teeth are completed in approximately 2-3 sessions, that is, in 1 week. Therefore, you can have a brand new smile in a very short time.
Another issue to be considered in color problems in teeth is the skin color of the person. Skin color is very effective in determining the color of the application to be made. In individuals with dark skin tones, very light-colored teeth will detract from the naturalness of the image. In individuals with light skin color, these teeth will look much more natural and aesthetic.