Today, everyone has the right to want to have a perfect smile. Thanks to the development of health and aesthetic awareness in people, attention has been paid to health values and ideal weight, as well as to teeth. Now, dentist visits are made not only because of the cavities on the teeth, but also in order to have a good smile. With the development of new methods and materials in the field of dentistry, aesthetic and natural smiles can be obtained in both anterior and posterior teeth thanks to aesthetic fillings.
Aesthetic fillings are fillings that are adjusted to the original tooth color of the patient and therefore cannot be visually distinguished from natural tooth enamel. They are malleable, hardened by halogen light and chemically bonded to the tooth.
- Repairing broken and rotten teeth
- Treatment of permanent discoloration of teeth
- Closing the gaps between teeth
- It is applied to extend the length of the teeth or to change the shape of the teeth for the smile design of the person.
- Since aesthetic fillings are the same color as the tooth, they are not noticeable from the outside.
- They look natural and aesthetic.
- Aesthetic dental filling can be applied to patients of almost all ages.
- Composite filling and porcelain filling do not cause any allergic reaction.
- Aesthetic fillings do not cause hot and cold sensitivity.
- They are fully compatible with oral tissues.
- They are used for many years with the same durability and functions.
In previous years, metal (amalgam) fillings had a more durable and functional structure. However, with the developing technology, aesthetic fillings took the place of metal fillings. Aesthetic fillings have a stronger, longer-lasting, more aesthetic and healthier structure than metal fillings.
No, as long as your teeth are routinely taken care of, it is not necessary to change the aesthetic filling if there is no decay detected in the tooth.
Among the advantages of aesthetic dental filling is the shortness of the application time. Although the duration of the aesthetic filling process varies according to the size of the tooth to be filled and the damage to the tooth, it is completed in about half an hour.