Our smile is a very important factor in our communication with people.
Discolorations and deformities in the teeth can cause problems up to psychological disorders in the individual. Studies have shown that an individual who trusts his smile is much happier and more successful in his social, business and daily life than other individuals.
Dental aesthetics is a must for facial aesthetics. Aesthetic dentistry is a very sensitive scientific study. Health should not be compromised in order to provide an ideal image. Laminate veneers are thin porcelain leaves that are adhered to the front surface of the teeth, allowing us to lose very little substance in our teeth and achieve the aesthetics we desire. Living with bad-looking teeth is a choice, not a destiny.
The popular treatment method of aesthetic dentistry in recent years is laminate veneer applications. Laminate veneer technique is an aesthetic dental treatment method, which is prepared with the impression taken after minimal abrasion of 0.3 -0.5 mm on the front surfaces of the teeth, and is completed by applying porcelain in the form of fake nails to the tooth surfaces using special adhesives.
The most important feature that distinguishes laminate veneer treatment from veneer porcelain is that it can reflect the color of the tooth underneath because it is very thin. Therefore, obtaining a natural smile can be spontaneous.
- Laminate Veneer is very close to natural teeth in terms of color and appearance. When natural colors are preferred, it is very difficult to distinguish from artificial.
- They are produced from durable, colorfast and durable materials.
- Either no change is made or a minor correction is applied on the tooth. The amount removed from the tooth is limited to 0.3-0.7 mm. Therefore, no teeth need to be cut (reduced).
- Porcelain surfaces are smooth, so it minimizes staining and tartar formation caused by smoking and similar reasons.
- It does not change color with external factors such as coffee, tea, cigarettes.
- Because they are thin and transparent, they allow light to pass through and make the teeth on which they are applied look completely natural.
- Its cost is higher than other treatment alternatives.
- It is a sensitive technique.
- It requires a good clinical and laboratory work.
- Physicians and dental technicians must have full technical knowledge and artistic ability on this subject.
- If it is necessary to close the gaps between the teeth, to extend the length of the teeth and to reshape,
- For the treatment of broken or cracked teeth,
- In patients who do not like the color of their teeth, who have colored teeth due to antibiotics and who want permanent whiteness,
- For smile design in patients who do not like their smile,
- It can be used as an alternative to porcelain veneers in the correction of slightly crooked teeth.
In the first examination, a gauge is taken from the patient before the teeth are cut. With this model, mock-up (rehearsal work) application is made from a special material in the laboratory. With the model that will be specially prepared for you, you can see what your mouth will look like in 3D before your teeth are cut. Then the teeth are abraded and the gauge is repeated with a sensitive gauge material. At your next appointment, laminates are applied to your teeth.
Laminate veneer application is completed in 2-3 sessions, that is, within 1 week – 10 days. Therefore, you can have a brand new smile in a very short time.
Another issue to be considered in color problems in teeth is the skin color of the person. Skin color is very effective in determining the color of the application to be made. In individuals with dark skin tones, very light-colored teeth will detract from the naturalness of the image. In individuals with light skin color, these teeth will look much more natural and aesthetic.