According to scientific studies, more than 70% of tooth losses in adults is due to gum (periodontal) diseases. These diseases can be treated easily and successfully when diagnosed at an early stage. Therefore, do not forget to have your dental check, oral care and dental examination in every 6 months. Prevention or treatment of gum diseases also brings other benefits such as protecting natural teeth, providing more comfortable chewing and better digestion.
Gum diseases are inflammatory diseases that also affect the surrounding tissues of the gums and the jawbone. Gums form the infrastructure of our mouth and teeth. Just as a solid foundation is needed to build a solid building, in order for our teeth or restorations such as prosthesis and lamina to be healthy, we need healthy gums. If your gums are unhealthy, you may lose your teeth one day, even if your teeth are not rotten.
- Bleeding gums while brushing teeth
- Red, swollen and tender gums
- Gums that can be easily separated from the teeth
- Inflammatory discharge between the teeth and gums • Teeth that wobble or gradually move away from each other
- Alteration of relations between upper and lower teeth during biting
- Changes and deteriorations in partial denture fit • Persistent bad breath
Healthy gums are light pink in color and tightly surround the teeth.
Treatment of gum (periodontal) diseases may require several stages. Some of these stages are performed under anesthesia and the patient won’t feel any pain. After the treatment, there may be sensitivity in the teeth. After the healing process, these sensitivities also disappear.
Tartar cleaning is the process of removing tartar and dental plaque adhered to the tooth surface, which is visible on the gums. No anesthesia is required during this procedure. It is usually completed in a single session.
We recommend you to have a dental cleaning in every 6 months unless your dentist tells you otherwise. This period may be shortened or extended according to the observations made by your doctor.
In the teeth cleaning process, the discoloration accumulated on the teeth is removed. Depending on this, you may feel as if there is a lightening in tooth color. In fact, it is the natural color of your exposed tooth. If you want your teeth to lighten completely, you need to have whitening.
- Teeth should be brushed at least twice a day, especially after breakfast and before going to bed in the evening.
- Dental floss should be used to clean between the teeth. • Mouthwash should be used to prevent dental plaque.
- The tongue surface is very suitable for the accumulation of nutrients. To complete the cleaning of the mouth, the tongue surface should also be brushed.
- Regular dental check-ups should not be neglected.
The treatment of gum recession can be achieved by removing the damage and sensitivity on the tooth surface. If the recession is excessive, gingival surgery can be performed.
A beautiful and aesthetic smile cannot be achieved with only white and straight teeth. The first step in obtaining a pleasant, clean and harmonious smile consists of ensuring the necessary harmony between teeth and gums. Gum aesthetics is very important for a perfect smile. For a pleasant smile to be made, the teeth, gums, jaw and lips must be in harmony. Different operation methods can be used for gum aesthetics, depending on the problem. While shaping the gums that appear excessively while smiling, some gums also need to be reduced a little.
Discover your smile with DentAristo. Because your smile speaks for you.